Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Sunday 16 July 2017

The Ultimate Motivation!

Hey everyone!

It turns out that the best way to keep myself accountable is when I'm blogging/posting everything on social media for all my friends/followers to see. So here I am again, to stay on the straight and narrow and share my journey over the next year with you.

It has been way too long - it turns out that the life of a teacher does not leave a lot of time for blogging.... or anything else as it happens.

So I think it's time for a little catch up. Since the last time that I posted on here a lot of stuff has happened in my life.

I joined Slimming World on January 3rd this year, and since then I've lost 1st 8lbs which I am so proud of. I have a long way to go but I now have the ultimate motivation because on the 1st June, I got engaged!

I couldn't be happier - I am now the future Mrs Cooper. It's a little over a year until I get married and 100 days until I go wedding dress shopping for the first time.

For the last month, I've been feeling a little out of control, not staying to plan, not staying to group, eating crap, self sabotaging basically. This week I decided enough is enough - my wedding is something that I absolutely do not want to look back on with regret and I know that a lot of that will depend on how I look.

It seems vain, sure, but I have struggled with how I looked at some many occasions. So many parties, Christmases, my graduation, family birthdays where I've looked at the photos and been shocked at how I look, been disappointed at how big I look in them. I don't want to feel like that looking at my wedding photos. I know that Martin couldn't give a monkeys - he loves me regardless of my size - and I couldn't be more thankful for that but for me, I want to feel comfortable and confident on my day - not self conscious. I want to be able to enjoy going shopping for my dress without worrying about how large I am or how flabby I look!

This week has a been a totally different story - I had a look online at one of the bridal shops that I definitely want to go to in October and saw some absolutely stunning dresses - dresses that I REALLY want to try on and I feel more focused than ever. I know that I can do it this time. Slimming World has really made me feel that I can manage my food addiction (because that is 100% what I have) and stay in control of it for the future. I'm taking it one day at a time, planning my eating, staying hydrated and reminding myself that I want to do this for a really important reason.

I already feel so much better having lost over a stone and a half - my clothes fit better, I feel more confident wearing my clothes and have even bought some new clothes that I love wearing now.

I've set myself a mini goal of losing a stone in the next 100 days before I go wedding dress shopping, I feel that that is a good goal and will help we feel more confident as I try all the dresses on. If I can achieve my goal I will have lost 2 and a half stone in 10 months and I'm hoping that will make me more comfortable in the big white gowns!!!!

Exciting times ahead. I'm going to try and check in every weekend from now until then and update you all with my progress. Hope you can stay with me and follow my journey leading up to the big day!

Wish me luck
M xx

4 comments:

  1. I most definitely wish you luck and will be there with you every step of the way (or weigh as it is in our case) x
    Sukina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're beautiful inside and out.... but I know you can do this and more importantly I know that you are wanting to do this for you! I've messed about for the last 4 months with my slimming world journey.... up and down, up and down... but when you set your mind to it... I know you can do it!!
    So what date is the big day?! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally!! So good to hear from you!
      I've been the same. Up and down and up and down - got a serious goal to work to now.
      You can do it too! I know you'll get there - your are awesome!
      28th July next year. 377 days....eeek. xxx

      Delete