Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Wednesday 15 April 2015

An Evening of House-wifery.....

.....if that is a word?

Today was the first time in about 10 days that I had a substantial enough time gap in my schedule to do the dreaded 'big shop' after work.

Basically, I wandered round Sainsbury's aimlessly, picking up random bits and bobs that I may or may not need, to survive the next week of food needs. One vital thing that I knew I had to do was restock my bathroom completely. I was out of EVERYTHING! I hit those isles first and took great comfort in knowing that, this weekend, I can now indulge in a proper bubble bath and relax with silky smooth legs (my razor supply was also in need of replenishing).

My bathroom is fully functional again!
After my success at the supermarket, I returned home to actually cook a meal for the first time in over a fortnight. I'd been living on meals that I had pre-cooked and frozen and even they were thin on the ground! I felt like a little challenge so went for a lasagne, having not cooked one in probably a year. 

It was all going swimmingly until I started to layer the lasange sheets and saw my unused, not in my mince mix tomatoes. So will all my mince mix and white sauce already layered with pasta I had to rewind to the beginning of my meal.... disassemble my so far nearly perfect creation and mix the tomatoes in. 

Take 2 of lasagne formation was much more successful as all my ingredients were actually in the mixture..... 
And here that little voice in my head made a lovely reappearance, as she does at the best of times with a 'Well, that usually helps. You know.... using all the ingredients.....'  She is always helpful. Anyway, the lasagne ended up a beauty and tasty lovely (even if I do say so myself). If I get time over the weekend, I might post a 'How to' on how I like to put together my lasagne.

My lasagne! 

To top off an altogether accomplished evening, I treated my hair with a little love and attention by re-colouring it. It was getting a little faded and now that the Summer is here, I want it to look all shiny and stylish in the sunshine! Yay, for Summer! Only thing is, because I dye my hair a reddish sort of colour, when I wash out the die.....well..... it can look like I've murdered someone in my bathtub.

It was the hairdresser with the shower cord in the bathroom!
And there ends my first evening actually at home in over a week! Most definitely time for bed. Being a housewife is exhaustsing.

Night all.
M xx

  

No comments:

Post a Comment