Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Saturday 2 May 2015

A Failed Attempt - A Triathlon Diary

Oh wow! How bad do I feel!?

It being Saturday and only 2 weeks left to go before my first triathlon.... (I've forgotten what made me sign up in the first place..... there is only fear in my mind.... *runs and hides in wardrobe*).... this morning was brick training time.

I woke up with a terrible cold. Yesterday, I was feeling really low and very teary. I thought I was just tired so had an early night and woke up feeling even worse. Obviously, I was coming down with something yesterday and it has properly hit me this morning.

I was really not looking forward to my training session as I was meant to be extending my run to the full 5km distance after my 22km bike ride. Having been away all week, I hadn't been able to get to the supermarket either so my cupboards were totally bare..... so I had a rubbish breakfast and was feeling pretty crappy anyway. It was not a decent set up for a training session.

Anyway, I set off and felt okay for the first lap of the bike ride but after a major incline the road started to swim a little. After that, the last 30 minutes were just torture, I was dizzy, felt like I was going to hurl and (much to my hatred of natural bodily responses to stress) sporadically crying.... yes, whilst cycling in Richmond Park, in public... I was crying. *hangs head in shame*

So yeah, I battled through, very slowly making my way back to the car and quite literally couldn't do anything else. I managed to prop my bike safely against some railings before I semi fainted against my car. I couldn't get into the car because Dad was still off walking the dog and Mum was on the run section of her training. So I sat, crying again, in a car park only semi aware of how pathetic I must look because half of my brain was too busy watching the floor pulsate up and down in front of my eyes.

So yes.... it was pretty much a disaster. Will have to go out for another try one evening this week to make up for my shoddy attempt at a brick train session today.

Signing out from the comfort of my bed and dressing gown.... think I might stay here for the rest of the day.
M xx

2 comments:

  1. :( *empathetic hugs coming your way!* Hope you feel better soon- thank god its a bank holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Feeling much better this afternoon after a hot shower, comfort food and a nap. Think I just hit a wall this weekend.

      Delete