Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Friday 1 May 2015

Relaxation At It's Best!

This week I was away with my school. A group of 7 staff took 79 8 and 9 year olds away for 3 days to an outdoor activities centre. It was brilliant. The kids had a blast, there were so many activities for them to do, including lazar quest, aeroball (basketball on a trampoline), nightline (a blindfolded obstacle course) and a zip wire! I got to join in too which was wicked. But it's safe to say that we were all exhausted by the end of it. There was home sickness, freezing cold evenings, carb loading.... the food was lovely but it was fairly beige all round...... and I managed to get a sun tan whilst on my travels in Kent - bonus.

With two very early mornings due to excited children I didn't get much sleep at all and was SO looking forward to getting into my bath and then bed when I got home on Wednesday. We rocked back up to school for pick up at about 2:30pm and I then had to get through 2 and 1/2 hours of after school club before Mum came to pick me up. It was a struggle and there were points where I felt like I might just fall asleep whilst looking after the children but I managed.

When I got home it was food time, defrosted lasagne is so good! No cooking required - just a microwave. Nice and quick and then I jumped in the bath.

Now, I became a bath lover at university during my third year. We had a massive bath and I took full advantage of it during dissertation. It is a love that has continued to grow since then. In my opinion, the perfect bath consists of a few vital things and some which you are able to mix and match at your leisure.

Here is my approach to the perfect relaxation in the bath:

1) Bubble Bath


There is no need to buy the fanciest possible bubble bath to be able to relax. I buy whatever I can get cheap. The Mrs Frosty above was a gift from one of my Rainbows but it works a treat. The only reason I bought Imperial Leather is that Sainsbury's were selling it for £1 a bottle!! As long as it bubbles and it smells good, it'll do the job! 


If you're feeling really plush, or you just want a proper treat you could always go all out and have a bath bomb! Something I have done many a time! Got to love a Lush bath bomb!

What a beautiful sight!!
2) Background Ambiance

This can be a number of things depending on what sort mood you are in. Sometimes I'll stick on a musical soundtrack and have a good sing a long in the bath, other times - if I'm really tired and just want to zone out - I'll stick on some instrumental stuff that soothes me and takes on a little day dreamy journey. 

My all time favourite bath soundtrack is the soundtrack from the film The Holiday. It is just perfect for shutting the world out in your bubbly haven. 




3) Entertainment

Again, this can take different forms depending on what you are wanting to get out of your bath experience. There are times when I am far too tired to even contemplate reading in the bath so I just put a movie or a TV show on. Netflix is a God send in the bath. Recently, however, I have been going through a My Family phase. For those of you who don't know. My Family is a British Comedy Sitcom that follows the Harper family and their crazy antics. It's excellent 'easy' viewing for when you don't have a lot of brain power left.


However, when you haven't just got back from a week with 80 screaming children, you may want to indulge in some reading - something I am very fond of. There is no book too frivolous or too heavy for a bath session. I read whatever I fancy... all sorts. Anything to escape out of normal life to an alternate reality.



4) Beverage

Not a necessity but sometimes it is lovely to have something to sip whilst you relax. Sometimes I go for a soothing hot chocolate but more often than not.... it's wine that wins out. At uni especially, wine in the bath after a library session was the way forward for me!



5) Candles  

Again, these are not vital to your bath experience but if you really want to take some time out of life. Run your bath, get your music going and turn the lights out. Light some tea lights and just switch your mind off in the comfortable glow as you soak beneath the bubbles..... or let a bath bomb fizz around your toes.



My bath consisted of bubbles, My Family and a Mary Kay Satin Lips treatment as the week had destroyed my lips. I do love a bath!!



Why not give it a try? Run yourself a bath this weekend and indulge in some relaxation time all to yourself! 
Enjoy!

Check in soon 
M xx


No comments:

Post a Comment