Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Friday 29 May 2015

It Didn't Do What It Said On The Tin!!!

I suppose I should start this post by stating clearly that I am not someone who has must emotional attachment to their hair. If you do, this post may unnerve you slightly - just so you know!

Ever since I can remember, I've had friends and family, my sister especially, who freak out when they have to get a hair cut. They can't cope with getting too much cut off, or changing it's colour. You could suggest highlights but actually asking whether they had considered changing the colour would just tip them over the edge. This is in NO WAY a bad thing. I can completely understand it, people see your hair every day, you have certain 'looks' that you can do which make you feel confident and attractive. Peoples hair can define them. This is well and good.

I am not one of these people. I am someone who has a very short tolerance for the way their hair looks. Since the age of 16 I have changed my hair colour more times than I can count and it's style a fair few times too!

The most radical cut started the whole thing off. I was 16, it was just after prom and I was just really bored of my lovely, long, thick hair.... so I had it all cut off. Straight away from waist length to a pixie cut in one sitting. I gave my hairdresser a heart attack when I presented her a picture from Frankie from 'The Saturdays' and said 'like this please!'. Genuinely, she turned white and asked 'Are you QUITE sure?'
'Oh yes, it'll be great, go on!' So she did!

I went from this...


To this....
















And from then, my hair changed a lot. I've been blonde, brunette, highlighted, nearly black, postbox red, plum, purple.... and then back to a plummy red recently. I grew my hair out back to about waist length, had a full fringe put in.... loved that....


FRINGE!

.... grew that fringe out, had a side fringe put in, grew that. You get the picture - I get bored. 

So Christmas 2014 was another of these incidents when I got bored! I got all my hair cut off again (not quite so dramatically this time) 


and then I died it Black Cherry Red..... and today.... I got bored again..... Yeah, I know, I have no staying power when it comes to my hair, it's a problem. I'm working on it. 

Anyway.... I wanted to go lighter because it's the summer and everyone likes to look like they've dipped their hair in lemon juice and caught the summer sun.... all that jazz. Because of this, I picked a lovely light brown colour to start off my summer transition. 

This is the box....


This is the colour my hair went....


I'd forgotten what a hard colour red is to shift! Will have to let this fade for about a month and then re-dye it the same light brown colour again.

Some of you, I'm sure, will be yelling at your computer screens 'just go to a salon, get it stripped, start over'.... there's no fun for me in that! I quite like making a little project out of it. It took some of the red out of it - my hair is more brown than it was but it's no where near the box colour yet. Let the project begin! :D 

Random blog I know but hey!

Check in with y'all soon
M xx




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of you with the fringe! - you look like a 60s singer!
    B | http://justyouandb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black and white one? Yeah, I loved that hair do. Tempted to get it again as I start to grow my hair out.... what do you reckon? M xx

      Delete
    2. Yes it suits you! You look very sultry in that photo :) DO ITTTT!

      B | justyouandb.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
    3. Aww, thank you! Sultry - how naughty! Such fun!! :D

      Delete