Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Monday 4 May 2015

Bank Holiday Beauty - Volume 2


Welcome back!! Thanks for sticking with me through my natural ramblings!

So, at Wisley they have a tropical greenhouse where they grow all sorts of random stuff and today they were growing a hippo!

Just having a casual dip in the greenhouse pool! 
Also, in the greenhouse is a heap of orchids and it's one of my favourite parts of a Wisley trip. As it's kept so lovely and humid in there they grow pretty much all year round and agian, Wisley throw some awesome plant DNA together! 
I always think orchids look like they are about to eat you!

Another green flower - so weird. I can't work out whether I like it.

Love the colour combination of this flower.

Look at it's little pouch. Makes me think of a milk maid for some reason and  I'm not sure why.....

Add caption

Mother Nature is so cool - all the stripes and spots. The sheer detail in one flower is incredible.

It's Mushu!  'Dragon, not lizard.... I don't do that tongue thing!'

PINK!

This is my favourite orchid of the bunch tonight. So beautiful.

Dancing ladies, like the flowers from Fanatasia!!


Weird and wacky! A Jade Vine? Looks like the flower equivalent of a Banana plant.

Of course, a purple flower to finish, 'coz I like purple the mostest! 
Here are a selection of other pictures that I was really happy with over the day. I never fail to marvel as what nature can do! It is so impressive and so beautiful.

Hanging hearts. Really sweet.

Makes me think of a cockerel.

How mad is this plant! 

There was a robin flying round the greenhouse and he stopped long enough for me to snap this. 

Having a nap on the bank of the lake.

My 'what I call' classy shot.




So that about sums up my Wisley visit. I went a bit shutter mad - these are only a handful of the 150+ photos I ended up with. I get a bit snappy happy when I get to Wisley as there is so much detail and delicate beauty to work with. If you've read to the end of these two blogs, then thank you! I love getting page views and knowing that people are reading my stuff. Even if it is all a bit rambly and nonsensical. 

Check in soon
M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment