Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Tuesday 9 June 2015

A New PB! - A Triathlon Diary

I not only have a triathlon coming up next month, I also have a 10km run. So, all the run training I'm doing is helping (hopefully) towards both of these events.

I've only recently got back into running to the point where I'm enjoying it. I think having my dad as a training partner really helps as he is a great source of encouragement and a fantastic pace maker.... and he doesn't let me slow down!

For a while, back in 2014, I was doing ParkRun on a Saturday morning at a local but fell out of the habit over the winter. My fastest 5km at ParkRun was 34:56 which I was happy with. I was only a year out of major knee surgery, I was over weight and unfit.

On June 1st 2015 (my second real training run in about 4 months) I smashed this time out of the water! I was SO pleased!


Considering that I have not been doing a lot of running training, I am super pleased with knocking 43 seconds off of my personal best! It's gives me a lot of confidence for the training runs still to come and also, the actual event that are now less than a month away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment