Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Friday 26 June 2015

C9 Days 3 to 9 - The Reboot

This blog post is long over due!

I finished C9 ages ago and just haven't been able to find any time to sit and actually write this.

So, during days 3 to 9 you are actually allowed to eat one 600 calorie meal a day. They recommend you eat it in the evening but you can eat it at lunch time if that fits your routine better. There were 2 days where I did eat at lunch time because it fit better with the routine of my day.

It was tough, I mean, I wanted to eat all the time and being surrounded by cakes and things in the staffroom at school didn't help much but I did it. I made it through the whole thing without cheating or snacking or feeling massively deprived.

By the end of the 9 days I'd lost 3 kilos exactly! I was so happy with the results, it was nice to see the scale shift and my measurements go down too.

I think the hardest part for me was people asking me what I was doing. Why wasn't I eating? Did I need some support? One friend said to me that she was worried I was developing a worrying relationship with food....

I spent the whole 'worry' speech thinking that my relationship with food was what got me into all thr trouble in the first place. My relationship with food lead me to hating my body and myself for 7 years. I was finally feeling like I had kicked my food addiction, was taking control back and giving my body a kick start/reboot and was getting ridiculed for it. That was really hard - having your hard work stepped on a little by people who don't have the same rubbish history with their weight/body confidence and then don't understand what it's like to know that you can't eat a certain type of food because you won't stop with just a little bit. The addict in you can't... so you eat and eat... That is a feeling that I still have to deal with and something that some people have never experienced.

But - I stayed strong and said that I was just giving my system a reboot and a detox to all the people who questioned me and just carried on with the programme. And I'm so glad that I did!

3 kilos! That's all the proof I needed.

For a write up of the first two days, click here.

To see the C9 website and buy your own kit, click here.

Check in with y'all soon,
M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment